Fund Your Contracts
Some smart contracts require funding at their addresses so they can operate without you having to call functions manually and pay for the transactions through MetaMask. This guide explains how to fund Solidity contracts with LINK or ETH.
Retrieve the contract address
- In Remix, deploy your contract and wait until you see a new contract in the Deployed Contracts section.
- On the left side panel, use the Copy button located near the contract title to copy the contract address to your clipboard.
Send funds to your contract
- Open MetaMask.
- Select the network that you want to send funds on. For example, select the Goerli testnet.
- Click the Send button to initiate a transaction.
- Paste your contract address in the address field.
- In the Asset drop down menu, select the type of asset that you need to send to your contract. For example, you can send LINK. If LINK is not listed, follow the guide to Acquire testnet LINK.
- In the Amount field, enter the amount of LINK that you want to send.
- Click Next to review the transaction details and the Gas cost.
- If the transaction details are correct, click Confirm and wait for the transaction to process.