Install, configure & fund MetaMask
This page will show you how to configure the MetaMask browser extension. If you already have MetaMask configured, skip to Acquire testnet LINK.
What is MetaMask?
MetaMask is a wallet that runs as a self-contained application inside your browser as an extension. It allows you to interact with Decentralized Applications or "dApps". MetaMask makes accessing the Ethereum & Testnet blockchains (Like Kovan) very easy and provides you with wallet addresses.
Install & Configure
Go to: metamask.io and install the browser extension in Chrome or Firefox.
- After installing the MetaMask extension, open the extension by clicking on the MetaMask Fox icon. If prompted to use the New Look, do so.
- Create a new vault.
- You will be presented with a 12-word mnemonic phrase; copy that phrase down in a very secure location that only you can access.
- Change the network selection from
Main Ethereum Networkto the
Kovan Test Network.
Fund your address with Ether
In order to obtain Kovan ETH, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Kovan Ether Faucet
- Enter your wallet address into the text box.
- Hit the button to get "Test ETH", wait a minute, and you'll see it in your wallet!
|› Acquire testnet LINK|