This page will show you how to configure the MetaMask browser extension. If you already have MetaMask configured, skip to Acquire testnet LINK.
MetaMask is a wallet that runs as a self-contained application inside your browser as an extension. It allows you to interact with Decentralized Applications or "dApps". MetaMask makes accessing the Ethereum & Testnet blockchains (Like Kovan) very easy and provides you with wallet addresses.
Go to: metamask.io and install the browser extension in Chrome or Firefox.
- After installing the MetaMask extension, open the extension by clicking on the MetaMask Fox icon. If prompted to use the New Look, do so.
- Create a new vault.
- You will be presented with a 12-word mnemonic phrase; copy that phrase down in a very secure location that only you can access.
- Change the network selection from
Main Ethereum Networkto the
Kovan Test Network.
In order to obtain Kovan ETH, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Kovan Ether Faucet
- Send a message with only your ETH address
- Wait about a minute, then go back to the MetaMask extension to validate the balance. Now you have ETH to play with!
Updated 4 months ago
Time to get some LINK token from the Chainlink Faucet.