INTRODUCTION Tutorials Beginners - The Basics Intermediates - Random Numbers Advanced - API Calls Architecture Overview Basic Request Model Decentralized Data Model Off-Chain Reporting
USING PRICE FEEDS Introduction to Price Feeds Get the Latest Price Historical Price Data API Reference Contract Addresses ENS Ethereum Price Feeds Binance Smart Chain Price Feeds Polygon (Matic) Price Feeds xDai Price Feeds Huobi Eco Chain Price Feeds
USING ANY API Introduction to Using Any API Make a GET Request Make an Existing Job Request Find Existing Jobs API Reference Contract Addresses
DEVELOPER REFERENCE Install Instructions LINK Token Contracts Developer Communications Hackathon Resources User Guides Install, configure & fund MetaMask Acquire testnet LINK Deploy your first contract Fund your contract Use your first contract!
Acquire testnet LINK
This page will show you how to obtain and add testnet LINK to MetaMask. If you already have testnet LINK, skip to Deploy your first contract.
Testnet LINK Faucet
- Navigate to the Chainlink Kovan Faucet site: https://kovan.chain.link
You can also get testnet LINK from Rinkeby:
- Open up MetaMask, click the Wallet account name at the top to copy the address to your clipboard.
- Paste that address into the Chainlink Kovan Faucet address input field, solve the captcha, and click on
Send me 100 Test LINKbutton.
- You should see a green banner show up with the text: Your request was successful! View your transaction here.
- In order to see your LINK token balance in MetaMask, you will need to add the token.
- In MetaMask click the hamburger button, and click on
Add Tokenand then
- On Kovan our LINK token address is:
0xa36085F69e2889c224210F603D836748e7dC0088. Copy that address.
- Paste the token contract address into MetaMask in the Token Address input. The token symbol and decimals of precision will auto-populate. Click Next.
- A new window will appear, showing the LINK token details. Click Add Tokens.
- MetaMask should now display the new LINK balance.
|› Deploy your first contract|