Acquire testnet LINK
This page will show you how to obtain and add testnet LINK to MetaMask. If you already have testnet LINK, skip to Deploy your first contract.
Testnet LINK Faucet
- Go to the Chainlink Kovan Faucet site: https://faucets.chain.link/kovan
You can also get testnet LINK on other test networks, such as Rinkeby, from https://faucets.chain.link/rinkeby.
- Open up MetaMask, click the Wallet account name at the top to copy the address to your clipboard.
- Paste that address into the Chainlink Kovan Faucet address input field, solve the captcha, and click the
- You should see a modal show up with the text 'Transaction in progress'.
- Once the transaction is confirmed on-chain, the modal will show 'Request complete', along with the transaction hash of your request.
- In order to see your LINK token balance in MetaMask, you will need to add the token.
- In MetaMask click the hamburger button, and click on
Add Tokenand then
- On Kovan our LINK token address is:
0xa36085F69e2889c224210F603D836748e7dC0088. Copy that address.
- Paste the token contract address into MetaMask in the Token Address input. The token symbol and decimals of precision will auto-populate. Click Next.
- A new window will appear, showing the LINK token details. Click Add Tokens.
- MetaMask should now display the new LINK balance.
|› Deploy your first contract|