This page will show you how to obtain and add testnet LINK to MetaMask. If you already have testnet LINK, skip to Deploy your first contract.
- Navigate to the Chainlink Kovan Faucet site: https://kovan.chain.link
You can also get testnet LINK from Rinkeby:
- Open up MetaMask, click the Wallet account name at the top to copy the address to your clipboard.
- Paste that address into the Chainlink Kovan Faucet address input field, solve the captcha, and click on
Send me 100 Test LINKbutton.
- You should see a green banner show up with the text: Your request was successful! View your transaction here.
- In order to see your LINK token balance in MetaMask, you will need to add the token.
- In MetaMask click the hamburger button, and click on
Add Tokenand then
- On Kovan our LINK token address is:
0xa36085F69e2889c224210F603D836748e7dC0088. Copy that address.
- Paste the token contract address into MetaMask in the Token Address input. The token symbol and decimals of precision will auto-populate. Click Next.
- A new window will appear, showing the LINK token details. Click Add Tokens.
- MetaMask should now display the new LINK balance.
Updated 5 months ago
|Deploy your first contract|